Psychologist, Dr Audrey Tang talks about Social Media, Mental Health, Wellness and DNA
May 03, 2022
Paul Godbold and Dr Audrey Tang
In this episode of Doffing the Hat, Paul Godbold talks to Dr Audrey Tang, a British Chartered Psychologist, Motivational Speaker, Author and Wellness Expert. In the conversation, Paul learns about Dr Tang's journey into the field of Psychology, the areas she specialises in and grabs the opportunity to ask her for her professional opinion on several topics.
The areas covered in this episode include the impact of DNA on the personality, particularly Denisovan and Neanderthal DNA, and could they explain some people's non-standard behaviour? Ways to minimise or eliminate stress. The impact of social media on mental health and aspects such as what provokes people to write hate and curated information that could define a person's outlook on the world.
Other topics include how social media generates Dopamine spikes similar to illegal substances, her charity work, the positive aspect of giving, meditation benefits, and more.
- 00:00: Introduction and About the Podcast
- 00:47: About Dr Audrey Tang
- 01:29: Her journey into Psychology
- 03:50: Her mission and goals
- 04:48: The different roles in the mental health profession
- 07:18: Her preferred area of Psychology
- 09:36: Neuroscience and Neuropsychology
- 12:35: Social Media general discussion
- 19:42: Social Media, Addiction and
- 23:26: What prompts people to post negatively online?
- 27:03: Mass Psychosis and shortcutting
- 28:33: The possible impact of DNA on personality
- 35:05: Burning bridges
- 38:20: Stress and ways to deal with it
- 44:05: Meditation
- 51:52: Writing
- 53:08: Public Speaking
- 55:08: Charity Work
- 1:01:17: Do psychologists instinctively analyse the people they meet?
- 1:01:50: How to contact Dr Tang
- 1:03:14: Wrap up and who's in the next episode
Introduction and About the Podcast
Dr Tang's mission and goals
The different roles in the mental health profession
Her preferred area of Psychology
Neuroscience and Neuropsychology
A general discussion on Social Media
Addiction to Social Media
What prompts people to post negatively online?
Mass Psychosis and shortcutting
The possible impact of DNA on personality
Stress and ways to deal with it
Her role as a Public Speaker
Do psychologists instinctively analyse the people they meet?
Wrap up and who's in the next episode